Preparing for Incept
There are many things you should think about before your Incept day arrives. Incept: New Student Orientation encourages all new students to review the information in this section to assist you in your transition into the Georgia State family. We look forward to having you on campus for your Incept experience. To make sure you have a successful start, we want to provide you with some “get ready for Incept” reminders.
Freshman One Day, Transfer Express, & Combination Incepts
At Incept, we will provide you with a book bag, pen, and all other materials you will need throughout the day. Here is a list of things you need to bring with you:
- Wear comfortable shoes and layered clothing – you will want walking shoes for the campus tour and moving about the buildings. Additionally, it may be hot outside, but some inside spaces are air-conditioned so you may want a light cardigan or sweater. Don’t forget to check the weather and bring an umbrella if the forecast is calling for rain.
- Printed copies of your Incept registration confirmation and payment confirmation email
- Your Panther ID number and campus ID (found in your acceptance packet)
- Copies of your transcripts, any financial aid information you received prior to your Incept conference day, and copies of Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) test scores.
- A photo identification card such as a driver’s license or government-issued ID. You won’t be issued your Panther Card without it, and you may need it to lift Lawful Presence Holds from your student account.
- Cash to pay for parking – $7 in the M-Deck lot
Freshman Overnight Incept
You’ll need to bring the following items listed above and pack an overnight bag with a few essential items. Your residence hall room will have bed linens, but don’t forget to pack the following:
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, soap)
- Alarm clock
- Flip flops/shower shoes
- Change of clothes for the following day